The Athens Exchange Group is active in providing education about the market and its operation. For this reason it accepts groups of students who are interested in learning more about how capital markets operate.
These visits are for groups of high school (from 10th grade and up, ages 16 and up), and college students; the size of the group can be anywhere from 5 to 150 persons. The duration of the visit is approximately 2 hours, including 1 or 2 short breaks. No tour of the Exchange is available (the trading floor was shut down in 2001).
The presentation can take place in Greek or English.
The format of the presentation is indicatively the following:
1. The exchange in action
Presentation of the market and its operation (how the market opens, how trades are made, market close, auctions et al), using an application (Inbroker) that allows us to follow trading in real time during market hours (10:30-17:00).
In order to discuss and see the opening of the market, it is recommended that groups arrive at the exchange at approximately 10:00 to 10:15.
2. The Exchange - what it is and how it works:
- Introduction to capital market concepts - the corporation, investments, cash flows, liquidity, capital raising et al.
- Stocks - Bonds - Derivatives
- History of the Athens Exchange
- The Athens Exchange in numbers - trading data - comparison with other markets etc.
- The Athens Exchange (ATHEX) Group
The abovementioned sections are only indicative. The goal of the presentation is to provide stimuli for discussion. It is thus recommended that participants come prepared with questions for discussion.
How to plan a visit
In order to plan an educational visit at the Exchange, you must send a request to ATHEXacademy@athexgroup.gr, noting the date that you want (please provide alternatives if possible), and the estimated number of attendees.
Due to the security measures in effect at the Exchange, the final list of attendees (first and last name, ID number), must be sent electronically before the visit. A form for doing so will be provided.
For more information please call: +30-210 336 6464 (09:00 - 17:00)
PRESS RELEASES - INFORMATION
New Listings Prospectuses
Laws and Regulations
Απόφαση 5 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Settlement Service 20022023
Resolution No 22 Regulation of Technical Matters for Trading on ATHEX Markets 01032023
Resolution 8 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of the Registry, Corporate and Other Related Actions Service 20022023
Resolution No. 21 Provision of technology services by ATHEX 06032020
Resolution No.17 Stock Lending 31012023
Resolution No. 24 as ammended on 22122022
Resolution 20 Operational issues of the Users Committee 31012023
Απόφαση 12 Technical procedures and schedule for derivatives clearing 30012023
Resolution 16 Technical terms and procedures for the Service of Provision Information on Securities 19122022
Resolution 14 Technical terms and procedures for the provision of Information Technology Services (IT) 19122022
- HCMC - Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- HBA - Hellenic Bank Association
- ΣΕΠΕΥ - Σύνδεσμος Εταιρειών Παροχής Επενδυτικών Υπηρεσιών
- SMEXA - Association of Members of the Athens Exchange
- BoG - Bank of Greece
- ESMA - European Securities Markets Authority
- ECSDA - European Central Securities Depositories Association
- HFAMA - Hellenic Fund and asset Management Association
- FESE - Federation of European Stock Exchanges
- WFE - World Federation of Exchanges
|39 55 14 44|